Last Updated on July 15, 2023 by thecashappapk
So, you’re trying to access your Cash App account, but you’ve hit a roadblock. Perhaps you’ve entered the wrong login credentials one too many times, or maybe you’ve violated one of Cash App’s terms of service. Whatever the reason, the end result is the same: You’re locked out of your account. So, how to unlock the Cash app account? That’s what I’ll be teaching you in this article. Stay around till the end.
Why Does Cash App Lock Your Account?
Cash app is famous because of its ease of use and safety. So, to keep your account and money safe, the cash app apk has some rules and regulations. They can block your account for the following reasons:
- Suspicious activity– When any suspicious activity happens with your account, like someone sending or receiving way more money than you normally do or entering wrong passwords multiple times from different locations, then your account may be locked.
- Violation of terms of service– Users of the Cash App must stick to the rules and guidelines. Your account may be locked if you breach any of these terms of service, such as by using a Cash App for illicit purposes or sending money to people who are not authorized to receive it.
- Unauthorized access– If someone gains unauthorized access to your account and performs suspicious activities, Cash App may lock your account to prevent any further damage.
- Verification issues– If Cash App is unable to verify your identity or your account information, they may lock your account until the verification process is completed.
- Dispute or fraud cases– If someone disputes a transaction or claims that a transaction was fraudulent, Cash App may lock your account until the issue is resolved.
Above are some possible reasons why your account is blocked. What about a temporarily blocked cash app account, though? The same goes for temporary blocks. When the cash app sees that there is something wrong with the account, they temporarily block it.
How to Fix Cash App Temporarily Locked Account Issue?
Unlocking your Cash app account is as easy as following the instructions that I’ve given below.
- Sign up for a new Cash App account using the same email or phone number that you used for your old account.
- Once you’re logged into your new account, click on the profile icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- From the list of options that appears, select “Personal“
- You’ll be taken to a new page where you can enter your email address and phone number.
- Enter the email and phone number that you used for your old Cash App account.
- Once you’ve entered your information, you should be able to access your old Cash App account.
These are the easiest steps to unlock your Cash app account.
How Long Does It Take For The Cash App To Unlock Your Account?
Depends entirely on the reasons your account was blocked. Cash App might need a few hours or days to investigate the situation fully. The time they take may depend on the type of issue that you’re having.
If you’ve texted the Cash app support team to unlock the account, remember that they usually reply in 24 to 28 hours.
If you’ve submitted your ID or other documentation to verify your identity, it can take up to 24 hours for Cash App to review and verify the information.
The more serious the issue is, the longer the Cash App team can take to unlock your account. So have some patience.
Also, check your email, as within 24 to 28 hours of locking your account, the Cash App confirms that they’ve done their investigation completely and unlocked your account.
Can you withdraw money from your locked Cash App account?
When your account is locked, you cannot send or receive money in your Cash app account. Also, you can’t do any activity on your account. However, if you have linked your bank account with the Cash app, then in that situation, you can withdraw money from your locked account easily.
Yes, unlocking your Cash App account is possible by contacting their support team.
Cash App may close your account due to several reasons, such as violating their terms of service, suspicious or fraudulent activity, or failing to verify your identity or personal information.
If you’ve linked your bank account with the Cash app, then you can receive money in your bank. However, that won’t be possible if you’re just trying to get the money in the cash app itself without the bank account. Because when your account is locked, you can’t do any activity on it.
My name is Natasha Villarroel. I am a Financial Advisor at Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC, and a freelance content writer at thecashappapk. I have been working in the financial sector for over five years, specializing in financial investments and risk management.
We at thecashappapk, give our best to answer all your queries regarding the Cash App APK. I believe in delivering professional and personalized advice to ensure all users receive the best solution.